MetroMini is the name of a network of minibuses in Jakarta , the capital of Indonesia . It is, along with TransJakarta , the Jakarta Government Bus Company, and KopajaCooperative , one of the basic components of the city’s public transit system. The MetroMini fleet was estimated at 3,000 buses in 2012.
The MetroMini buses are in orange and blue livery , with a white stripe along the length of the vehicle. Their capacity is 20 to 30 seats but often, the same number of people stand up so that the vehicles are overloaded.
In December 2015, Jakarta governor Basuki Tjahaja Purnama ordered the shutdown of MetroMini operations following the collision of a minibus with a train. This accident was followed by a second of the same type shortly after 1 .
The line numbers consist of numbers preceded by a prefix corresponding to one of the four kota (municipalities) constituting the Jakarta Special Territory (DKI):
- P = Jakarta Pusat ( Central Jakarta )
- B = Jakarta Barat ( West Jakarta )
- S = Jakarta Selatan ( South Jakarta )
- T = Jakarta Timur ( East Jakarta )
- U = Jakarta Utara ( North Jakarta )
- ↑ Edna Tarigan, “Metromini in Ahok’s sights after second fatal crash”, The Jakarta Post , December 16, 2015